Wednesday, December 12, 2012

PARISIAN CHARM {A NEW QUILT}

 
 
 
 
Paris Flea Market by 3 Sisters is a new Moda fabric line.
 
It arrived in my SHOP on Friday
 
and I just knew that I had to make something out of it!
 
 
As usual, I opened up the charm packs and I let the fabric
"speak" to me...AKA formulate a design.
 
(It doesn't literally "speak" to me but it "speaks" to me in a way that only a quilter would understand.)
 
I love to take my time and separate the squares into piles....color waves...prints...
or whatever I can think of.
 
So here are where things landed:
 
 
 
I had some "stuff" on my mind this weekend and I just needed an escape,
so I sat in front my machine
and I just sewed...and sewed...and quilted
 
and before I knew it I had combined straight line quilting
with zig zag quilting.
 
 
 
Finally I added a Moda Bella Solid for the binding.
I love the way that it makes the design stand out.
 

 
Until Next Time...Happy Quilting


3 comments:

  1. That is so pretty! I want to make one for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this fabric. It reminds me of a very sweet gift shop my daughter and I visited in the Loire valley in France. Did you make halfsquare triangles or did you cut all your charms into triangles and sew them that way? I am trying to figure out how you "built" your quilt! How big did your quilt end up? I am tempted to remove the red to keep it looking softer, although I do like how it looks. If I wanted to make a generous lap quilt using a layer cake squares I would need more than one layer cake wouldn't I?
    I look forward to your feedback. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...