Thursday, December 6, 2012

HEXAGONS {AN UPDATE}

 
Dilemma....
 
so what do you do with a quilt project that you have been
 
working on FOREVER?....
 
one that you will be working on FOREVER!
 
 
 
Enter the suspect.....
 
my Grandmother's Flower Garden/ Hexagon quilt.
 

(Hello beautiful scraps of Moda fabrics!)
 

You see,
 
I have been working on this quilt FOREVER
 
and
 
I am afraid that if I put it "away" in a project box,
 
I will forget about it.
 
 
So , I thought about what I could do with it.
 
Here is what I came up with:
 
 
 I clipped my hexagon quilt
 
to a pant hangar
 
and hung it up on a closet door...
 
not just any closet door,
 
but one that I pass by often.
 
 
So now I see my hexagon quilt on a daily basis
 
and smile.
 
Hopefully it will motivate me to continue to add hexagons to it!
 
 
Just wondering...
 
How do you keep up with all of your "works in progress"?
 
I could use some tips!
 
 
Until Next Time...Happy Quilting!
 
 

 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. It is so pretty, that is a great idea to leave it in plain sight!! I have no tips because I don't keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your solution! I have a stack of inexpensive clear project boxes in the corner of my studio and each one holds a WIP. I can see the through the boxes but they are neat and tidy. Works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It`s very nice. My finished tops are hung on hangers waiting to be quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been hand stitching a hexagon quilt for a few years so do not feel bad! I like the idea of hanging it in plain site. In my sewing area I have a basket of WIPs I set a goal to finish one a month. What I try to do, is not create more and then set aside time just for those things I need to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have soft walls in my cubicle at work. During lag times I'm working on a hexagon project. Suddenly the light went on & Grandmother's flower garden is growing on the walls. Now the staff come by regularly to check on the progress of the garden.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...