Thursday, August 16, 2012

Just Like Rachel Ray


Everyone knows Rachel Ray
(queen of the 30 minute meals)



and her famous Rachel Ray Garbage Bowl.
(Yes I love the red bowl!)

In case you are not familiar with the garbage bowl,
Rachel Ray keeps this lovely red bowl on the counter while she is cooking.
She puts all of her trash/peels into the bowl while she is cooking so that she doesn't have to walk back and forth to the garbage can. Smart lady!


So this gave me an idea.....
I need a garbage bowl to sit on my table while I am cutting fabric/squaring off my blocks.
This way I won't have to walk back and forth to the trash can every time I have a pile of fabric snippings! Here is what I came up with:



I looked for a red one, but I saw this one and fell in love!




Pssst...it is plastic!



I got it at Walmart.....and it only cost me $1.00!


As you can see, I love it and I use it all of the time.
Sometimes you can even find a few candy wrappers in there!


Until Next Time ... Happy Quilting

8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea and I love the bowl of pretty "bits" !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have something like that too! Love the correlation you made with Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the resemblance! Dark hair, lovely smile, pretty ladies. Yup! You could be twins!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it's made in the good old USA! Great idea!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thinking I should check thrift stores and see if I can find a nice ceramic garbage bowl or two. One for cooking and one for sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that idea! I have the same bowl, but the green version! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Borrowing this idea immediately! I have a chartreuse vessel that is dying to come out of the cupboard.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...